IAM Nov 2nd to Nov 5th 2022 in Atlanta
IAM Nov 2nd to Nov 5th 2022 in Atlanta
The IAM 60th Annual Meeting & Expo is fast approaching, and 140 of your follow YPs have already registered. Thanks to our sponsor, Gridiron Forwarding Co., Inc., the IAM-YP Management Board put together an agenda to enhance networking opportunities among ambition industry professionals.
IAM-YP Membership Meeting: 2:00-2:45 pm
The IAM-YP Management Board welcomes you to the YP membership meeting. We hope you will join us for a lively discussion about the value of membership and how you can get involved. The 2022 IAM-YP election results will be announced for the positions of Chair and Vice Chair. Additionally, you will learn about the Industry Training Program (ITP) and the pre-approved training programs that include but are not limited to courses through IAM Learning, FIDI, LACMA, EuRA, and WERC.
Offsite IAM-YP Connect Activity: 3:00 to 5:00 pm
The YP Connect activity will take participants offsite to the nearby Centennial Olympic Park to take part in wild, crazy competitions and huge doses of team spirit.
IAM-YP Social Mixer: 9:00 pm to 2:00 am
This year’s IAM-YP Social Mixer will be held at Guardian Works. Access to the social mixer is complimentary for fully registered in-person IAM-YP attendees. Expo Only YP members and attendee’s guests are required to purchase a ticket to be eligible to attend the event.
New this year: the IAM-YP Signature Drink!
Proceeds from the YP Signature Drink will help support The Alan F. Wohlstetter Scholarship Fund and Industry Training Program (ITP). A Georgia themed peach iced tea and bourbon cocktail will be served at the 5 O’clock Somewhere Bar on the expo floor.
Meet Your 2022 IAM Rising Star Nominees
• Francesco Argiro, Bliss Moving & Logistics Srl (Italy)
• Fabio Manuel, Invictus Relocation Services (Portugal)
• Giancarlos Mari, J.J. Mari International Movers (Venezuela)
• Caleb McCartney, Cornerstone Moving & Storage LLC (USA)
• Vivek Pawar, Yusuf Ahmed Alghanim & Sons WLL – Alghanim Freight (Kuwait)
• Ramiro Quiros, Moveware Pty Ltd. (Australia)
• Ashley Vane, Voerman International BV Moving & Relocation Services (The Netherlands)
The 2022 IAM-YP Rising Star Award recipient will be recognized during Chuck White’s State of the IAM Address on November 3 from 9:00 am – 10:30 am.
The Rising Star Award will recognize an IAM-Young Professional (IAM-YP) member who embodies the mission of the IAM Young Professional community:
The Mission of IAM-YP is to provide global moving and mobility professionals under the age of 40 with professional development, networking, and philanthropic opportunities to prepare the current membership to lead IAM and the industry in the future.
Additionally, the selection committee evaluated the nominees based on the following criteria:
• Brought together members of diverse communities with shared interests and has demonstrated remarkable results; also known as a facilitator or connector.
• Brought an innovative initiative, product, or service authentically to the industry or young professionals community.
• Showed a commitment to their colleagues and team members within their organization by impacting the company for the better.
• Made a significant positive impact on an IAM-YP’s career through mentorship.
• Made significant contributions to IAM through board or committee work and involvement with IAM charitable activities.
A felicitation function organized by the Indian Embassy was held for Covid relief support during the second pandemic wave in 2021. Vivek Pawar (IAM-YP Management Board Member) with Yusuf Ahmed Alghanim & Sons WLL – Alghanim Freight received a special mention and award for his work in mobilizing close to 2.5 million USD worth of oxygen from Kuwait to India. This effort was the world’s highest contribution in terms of life-saving oxygen sent to India and was mentioned by the Prime Minister of India in one of his speeches recognizing support of Kuwait towards India.
Join us in celebrating the achievements of your fellow YPs who have recently completed one or more IAM Learning courses, especially those who have achieved their IAM Trusted Moving Specialist credential:
• Ibrahim Khan, Servico Freight Services
• Leonidas Lacayo, Mudanzas International
• Francisca Reguera Azcuenaga, Neygi Moving & Relocation
• Valerie Westdahl, Alison’s Relocation, Inc.
Welcome New IAM-YP Members
Get to know your new fellow IAM-YP members and start networking through their LinkedIn profiles, or say hi over at the Facebook Group.
• Melvin Booker, M. Dyer & Sons Inc.
• John Bowen, Amstan Logistics
• Abby Brennan, Cartainer Ocean Line, Inc.
• Veronica Calero, Global Transport (Global Transportes Ltda.)
• Morgan Carlson, Aaversal Global Relocation
• Zander Cascayan, M. Dyer & Sons Inc.
• Stephanie DiVito, National Van Lines Inc.
• India Gad, Shipeezi Pty Ltd
• Elaine Garcia, L & G International Movers SA
• Angelica Houdoy, TriGlobal B.V.
• Cagla Kaya, Istanbul Ekspres Co.
• Reiss Kelly, Arkay Relocation & Logistics Company Ltd.
• John McCarty, DeWitt Move Worldwide
• Nael Morones, PCS Relocation Services
• Tasha Perry, The Suddath Companies
• Abhishek S, Universal Relocations Inc.
• Hannah Swanson, Aaversal Global Relocation
• Anna Maria Tavanli, Safeway Transport
• Ben Voell, Corporate Logistics Transporte GmbH
Keep up to date with your fellow IAM-YP Members at the Facebook Page (if you’re not yet a member, you will have to request permission to join). Questions about the membership or want to sign up a friend? See more on the IAM website.
Get Started TodayGET A QUOTE